- 1-2 tsp butter for greasing your baking dishes
- 1 teaspoon sugar for dusting the baking dishes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean seeds or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large pear or 2 small ones
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries ( do not thaw if frozen)
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Butter 2 large or 3 small baking dishes and dust them with the granulated sugar. Shake out any excess sugar.
Peel and core the pear and slice it to about 1/8th of an inch thick slices and arrange it on the baking dish. Scatter the fresh or frozen blueberries around and on top of the pears.
In the jar of a blender, combine the half and half, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, eggs and salt and blend for a minute until the batter is smooth.
Pour this batter over the pears and don’t worry if they start to float.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until the custard is puffed, slightly golden and set. It should not jiggle.
Cool for a few minutes and enjoy warm or chilled.
Serve dusted with confectioner’s sugar if desired.