- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen and grated
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 Opal Apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk, divided
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper together
Toss the frozen grated butter into the flour mixture and coat the butter evenly. It will resemble coarse crumbs. Stir in the rosemary, apple, grated cheese, bacon and 1 cup of the buttermilk. Mix until it comes together and a sticky dough is formed. Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and roll out to 3/4 inch thickness.
Place the biscuits onto a parchment lined sheet pan and brush the tops of each biscuit with a little of the remaining buttercream.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.